Cod liver oil
can be obtained from eating fresh cod liver or by taking supplements.Cod liver oil is used for high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney disease in people with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoarthritis, depression, an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), glaucoma, and middle ear infections (otitis media). Some people put cod liver oil on their skin to speed wound healing.Cod liver oil was traditionally manufactured by filling a wooden barrel with fresh cod livers and seawater and allowing the mixture to ferment for up to a year before removing the oil.Features:
How does it work?
- Natural profile of vitamin A and vitamin D
- Provides EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids that, according to the United States Food and Drug Administration, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Supports immune response function
- Supports healthy eyes and skin
- Supports epithelial tissue
- Cod liver oil contains certain "fatty acids" that prevent the blood from clotting easily. These fatty acids also reduce pain and swelling.